Are permits in your jurisdiction easier to obtain or more difficult than others?

Chris_Sows_32

Total posts
I am aware that many jurisdictions may not have online permit ticketing systems like my jurisdiction does. How long does it take in average for your jurisdiction to issue a building permit when compared to others?

Not sure how we compare. It takes about 10 minutes to issue a permit at the counter for simple permits ( wtr htr, elec panel re-roof...). Online takes a little longer because we require the permits to be signed via DocuSign.

Considering the risks of messing up the uploaded documents and taking longer to approve, I wonder if there are specific reasons why some offices still keep the online permitting system. I know some types are approved instantly, but I feel like those are too few in comparison.

Considering the risks of messing up the uploaded documents and taking longer to approve, I wonder if there are specific reasons why some offices still keep the online permitting system. I know some types are approved instantly, but I feel like those are too few in comparison.
Most people love the online system. It saves a trip down to City Hall and hours commuting on the freeways to get here. Customers are not bound by our office hours and can submit at any time.

Trending topics

Latest U.S. topics

Back