Deferred Submittal

Ir3th0283

Total posts
Good Morning,
What are your thoughts about Deferred submittal fees? I have received a deferred submittal project for our community High School—the deferred submittal was for Fire Sprinklers. My question is, are deferred submittals to be charged once approved, or are they to be charged with the original submittal? What is other municipalities' procedure for these deferred submittals? Are you charging an hourly service fee?

We have a third party who we send out big projects to review and they do charge us an hourly rate on these deferred submittals.

Thank you,

Maria

Hi!
I looked at a permit we have that is currently being submitted in phases so that I could answer your question. Your jurisdiction may do it differently, but how we do it is we make a note on the plans noting the deferred submittals and when they submit for those, we charge them. For reference, this is an existing bldg but they are undergoing a full remodel (pretty much a gut job) and change of use. There's a lot involved in this one. Here's an example:
1724690080812.png

one question I do have, that I will follow up with once I get the answer, is how to charge based on valuation. They provided a valuation of 1.3 million; my question is, is that for the whole project or just that phase? I may not know until they submit for the other permits and I find double check with my building official. :)

one question I do have, that I will follow up with once I get the answer, is how to charge based on valuation. They provided a valuation of 1.3 million; my question is, is that for the whole project or just that phase?

Seems like when the applicant ultimately submits the deferred application, valuations and fees may need to be reassessed, depending on how long it's been between the original valuation and application submittal (i.e., b/c costs change over time). Different jurisdictions must have rules dictating how long a valuation, and therefore expected fee, is good for, right?

Good Morning,
What are your thoughts about Deferred submittal fees? I have received a deferred submittal project for our community High School—the deferred submittal was for Fire Sprinklers. My question is, are deferred submittals to be charged once approved, or are they to be charged with the original submittal? What is other municipalities' procedure for these deferred submittals? Are you charging an hourly service fee?

We have a third party who we send out big projects to review and they do charge us an hourly rate on these deferred submittals.

Thank you,

Maria
Some deferred submittals like roof trusses and steel stairways... will only require a review fee which we charge hourly. Some deferred reviews such as fire sprinklers and Type 1 hoods and suppression systems will require a review fee as well as a permit fee.

Trending topics

Latest U.S. topics

Back