Hi All!!!

Ir3th0283

Feb 14, 2024
Hi! My name is Maria, I work for a small City in AZ. I am an ICC Certified Permit Technician and I wear many hats in my role. I am currently working toward being an ICC Certified Residential Plans Examiner. Looking forward to meet many people in this forum.
Happy to be here!

Welcome Maria, it's a pleasure to have you here!

Welcome Maria, it's a pleasure to have you here!
Thank you Eric. Happy to be here. Looking forward to learning from all of you here.
I've been going through several posts and there're all good questions and responses.

Thank you for joining Maria!
Thank you Mike30. Loved your "Communist Republic of California!! ". Very funny indeed. I'm from Arizona and keeping an eye on what's happening in California, since it is our neighbor, and whatever happens in California, politically, it is soon to drizzle down into Arizona.

Thank you Mike30. Loved your "Communist Republic of California!! ". Very funny indeed. I'm from Arizona and keeping an eye on what's happening in California, since it is our neighbor, and whatever happens in California, politically, it is soon to drizzle down into Arizona.

As a Californian I can attest that we do often like to blaze our own path. I'd say California should be observed (as you're doing from Arizona :)), but certainly not followed in all cases. There's that saying that the individual states are "laboratories of democracy," right? Well in California you get to see an experiment in which democratic supermajorities set robust state-level regulatory policy in the world's eighth largest economy. This scenario really does enable California to be a leader in some areas (e.g., net-zero carbon emissions and 100% clean electricity by 2045), but California's also had some less successful initiatives (e.g., high speed rail) that should serve as cautionary tales for other states.

Back