Long Beach fireworks show canceled after organizers fail to meet deadline application

Jake

Oct 30, 2023
What a bummer, it looks like the 4th of July celebration planned for the 3rd in Alamitos Bay is cancelled due to the organizers not completing their application in time. The reason why, is because the organizers needed to also obtain a coastal permit, as that's become a new requirement in the area due to the cities concerns with fireworks and being so close to the coast.

Don Rodriguez, CEO of the Boys and Girls Club of Long Beach was in charge of the event, and stated that they expected upwards of 100,000 people and had 10 other charities that were involved. They had 180 days to obtain the required permit, so I don't know why that didn't happen. It just sounds like the new permit requirement was sprung on them at the last second.

But there is another side to it, some people aren't too pleased about the noise from the fireworks and I believe that's partly why these permits are required now. They discuss that noise pollution from firework shows have caused issues with people's PTSD, and pets also deal with trauma when firework shows go on. I know my own dog can't handle fireworks and every time she hears them she hides. I'm dreading July 4th for that reason.

So what do you think? Do you think they should be free to do this fireworks show? Or should they maybe tone it down some or go elsewhere?

Check out the full story here: MSN

It's a situation that sucks all around. The organizers have to feel awful, but I can see the people who were planning to attend not being too happy about the situation. But of course, there's really not much they can do. I don't even know if they can find a new location to do the fireworks show, I think this year there just wont be fireworks in the area.

They discuss that noise pollution from firework shows have caused issues with people's PTSD, and pets also deal with trauma when firework shows go on. I know my own dog can't handle fireworks and every time she hears them she hides. I'm dreading July 4th for that reason.
Yeah I can see their point there. Fireworks where I live can be quite loud and I've had neighbors complain about it. It's especially bad because people often shoot off fireworks days or weeks before and after the 4th, continually causing problems for people.

Well, I don't like fireworks, it causes noise and air pollution. Therefore this news come as a good news for me. Well, I am not against the celebration of of 4th of July but why does the celebration always had to be done with fireworks. It is not only disastrous for humans but also animals, including bees.

Back