Marathon Implements Stricter Building Code

Nomad

Aug 26, 2023
Marathon has enforced the latest Florida Building Code Eighth Edition. If you are in the process of getting building permits you will have to carry the FBC23 stamp for initial approval. While submitting your permit applications, you will have to thoroughly outline the proposed work and provide comprehensive plans. For example, if you are constructing pools, tiki huts, or accessory structures, you will have to provide a foundation survey pinpointing the exact work location. If you want to make any modifications, you will have to provide a completed revision application, with required engineered plans. To make it more complex, permits require approval from Florida Commerce.

You can read more about this here.

Yikes, sounds like even simple permits for building will require engineered plans. I'm by no means a planner, so that would hurt me a bit. Then again, it's probably a good idea to have someone knowledgeable on building anyway. I've only ever done small work on my own house and I never had to provide plans or anything. I remember having to let them know what I was doing, but it was small work and didn't require much engineering.

Back