Nebraska Legislature Passes Concealed Carry Bill Without Permit Requirement

Nomad

Aug 26, 2023
Nebraska's Legislature has approved Legislative Bill 77. This bill allows people over 21 years of age to carry guns without needing a permit. This bill comes as a blog to the local laws where individuals are restricted from carrying concealed weapons.

The bill has caused a lot of arguments and opposition. Some people, including police and city leaders, worry that it might lead to more gun violence and make public places less safe. The bill me with a strong protest and objection yet was passed and Governor Jim Pillen is expected to sign it into law.

You can check this article, if you want

Personally I don't agree with a bill like this, because I really think everyone should have a permit before they can carry a gun. That's just how I feel and I don't think it's safe otherwise. I'm all for allowing people to carry, as long as there is a paper trail indicating as such. I don't feel comfortable with everyone 21 and up being able to secure a gun without a permit. I just hope they still do background checks on new gun owners.

Sounds like an awful idea imo. I don't see why the permitting process is so complicating to some. Is it really that hard to obtain a concealed permit? Is it really that costly to people? Does it really take time away from their day?
Personally I don't agree with a bill like this, because I really think everyone should have a permit before they can carry a gun. That's just how I feel and I don't think it's safe otherwise. I'm all for allowing people to carry, as long as there is a paper trail indicating as such. I don't feel comfortable with everyone 21 and up being able to secure a gun without a permit. I just hope they still do background checks on new gun owners.
I believe when purchasing a gun, you still need to register it or go through training courses. Unless it's only for new gun owners. If at least that is part of the process I may not be too peeved about it. And yes, as long as they have background checks still, I may be fine with not requiring a permit.

Top posters this month

Back