New York State Launches Mobile ID App For Licenses and Permits

Winny

Total posts
This is pretty cool. New York States Department of Motor Vehicles now has their own mobile ID system, simple called the New York Mobile ID.

It's a new version of your state-issued drivers license, learner permit, or ID, but on a smartphone.

It's not a requirement though, as it's currently a voluntary feature. But it's still a cool feature if you want to go digital.

Those of you in New York who have a valid, state-issued driver license, learner permit, or non-driver ID (standard ID), are free to download the new mobile ID app through the Google Play Store or iOS store.

More on this news below.

I'm not really into this. I feel like it will give easier access to people who want to hack or scam. But I get the want for it. I just can't see myself pulling out my phone to show my id when I could just pull out my wallet and my card. Just doesn't seem too practical to me. But idk, what benefits does having a digital ID give you over a regular old drivers license?

I see it more as a backup plan in case you lose your wallet. It's always good to have second copies of things, like car keys as well.

Trending topics

Latest U.S. topics

Back