First Building Permit from County Recovery Permit Center Issued to Lahaina Couple

Winny

Oct 30, 2023
Source - Maui News

Things are moving along well in Maui County as The County of Maui Recovery Permit Center recently issued its very first building permit. That going to Rich and Kari Alexander. Their home was one of the many that were destroyed in the August 2023 wildfires. The new centers plans are to help streamline the permitting process for those who are in need of disaster recovery. The center will provide expedited support for local residents who are rebuilding in the affected areas.

4LEAF Inc is the team responsible for managing The Recovery Permit Center. They help expedite the permitting process through Maui's Automated Planning & Permitting System, or MAPPS for short. They aim to make the application & approval process easier. They also will be providing assistance to those who need help with the new system.

The Alexanders were very happy with the speed of obtaining a permit to rebuild, especially the support from staff. They were able to make the complex process easier on them. It helps having the streamlined approach and the assistance to come along with it. They hope to build their new home within 8 months.

What do you think of this news? Do you hope to see other permitting offices support local areas like this? Especially if the area previously suffered a horrible event like a fire?

This is really cool of Maui County, especially for those who've lost their homes due to a fire. The process of rebuilding is not an easy one, that's for sure. And I'm glad they are doing their part to make the process easy and more streamlined. This will help many people who've become homeless because of the fires, regain some kind of a home.

I hope they keep moving fast to get these people into homes. Whether it's to help them rebuild faster, or find them alternative options for housing even.

Good for them! It can't be easy to face such a hardship, so it's fantastic that the process has become more streamlined to allow the community to move forward.

Good for them! It can't be easy to face such a hardship, so it's fantastic that the process has become more streamlined to allow the community to move forward.
Right? I think it's a great movie by the city and state to better support those effected by the fires, especially those who've lost their whole home and property.

I wish more communities came together like this to help those in need.

Top posters this month

Back