New Rule for Feeding the Homeless in Shawnee, Oklahoma

Nomad

Aug 26, 2023
Attention to all groups or organizations in Shawnee, Oklahoma, that help feed the homeless: there's a new rule you need to know about. If you are working towards feeding the homeless and operating a group of 4 or more, you need a permit. This rule specifically applies to areas downtown and city parks. Don't worry; the permit is free, but it's essential to follow this rule. If you don't, there could be a $250 fine for the first time and $500 for the second time. People in Shawnee have been discussing this rule a lot, and it will officially start on November 16, 2023. If your group plans to keep helping out, make sure you understand and follow this new rule. You can get more information about it by reading the complete article here

That's good it's a free permit. Would hate the idea of them being charged for a permit to help feed the homeless. I do understand why they want organizers to get a permit though.

This is a move in the right direction though.

Also, it would be nice if the state actually helped in the funding and feeding if the homeless as well.

This new rule requiring permits for groups feeding the homeless in Shawnee, Oklahoma seems necessary to maintain order, but it's crucial to ensure it doesn't hinder or discourage efforts to help those in need.

Understandably, they would now require a permit to keep things in order and avoid any potential issues that could be avoided and I think it is good that the permit is free.

I do agree with what has been said though and that is the state helping to fund homelessness instead of leaving it to others as they seem to be doing now.

Back