Online Portals

CTSFLPermitTech

May 23, 2024
How many platforms/portals does your city utilize.
Does it help or create more work for the permit tech?

We utilize two client facing systems that really equal 3 programs on our side we have to navigate through now that we are fully digital.

In my city, we have the main city portal, which is LACITY, and it can link to 15 different portals for each city services. The convenience is nice and all if you prefer that convenience of having access of multiple city services but 15 portals can be a lot to take in.

Oh wow I really don't know. I live in Wisconsin, and I know they do have some online portals, like the DSPS Online Building Permit System or the DSPS Self Service. But that's all I know of.

Here in Michigan I know we have the MDOT Permit Gateway (MPG for short), plus the Accela Citizen Access portal. There might be others I don't know of though.

Are there any portals available throughout the whole country? Or are there usually online portals in each city/location? I'm mostly just curious, as I could see there being a country wide system. If not, I think they should look into implementing a country wide system. Or would that be impossible?

Top posters this month

Back