Permits For Feeding Homeless.

High Voltage

Total posts
To expand on the homeless situation a bit, should municipalities stop asking for permits to feed homeless citizens outside? People the country over seem to be frustrated that there are so many solutions to mitigate or end the problem, but permits and zoning always seem to get in the way. If it's a matter of money, raise the permit fee's for the businesses who have the money for whatever they want to do that requires the permit. Pass the buck to those who can catch it, so the municipality doesn't lose money.

Where I live, it's fairly easy to get a Large Group Food Distribution Permit, but the kicker is that you have to renew the permit each time you use it. For some charities, that means renewing it every day. Needless to say, it's unsustainable.

To me, it looks like every large to mid-sized city is taking advantage of the Supreme Court's ruling in order to criminalize homelessness. How we're supposed to pay for the influx of inmates remains to be seen. You don't need a permit to feed the ducks or other wildlife, but you need one to feed people. It's hard to fathom.

What? I've never heard of this? Here, anyone can give food away. You'd be protected under the Good Samaritan Food Donation Act, which allows any business, organization, charity, or person to safely donate food. I can't imagine applying for a permit in order to feed the needy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending topics

Latest U.S. topics

Back