Portland proposal to streamline project permitting

Winny

Oct 30, 2023
A new Housing Regulatory Relief Project has recently been approved by The Portland City Council. The new project is aimed at helping move housing production faster, but to do so, they are temporarily changing some of the rules that pertain to building projects, including housing projects. The main objective for this new project, is to address 15 zoning code requirements; those for bicycle parking, eco-roofs, design review, and ground floor active users. It is expected to save some time for staff required to review permits and land use reviews.

The new code changes will start March 1st, with an expiry date of January 1st, 2029. Recent public hearings, along with recommendations from the Portland Planning Commission, have passed amendments forward having to do with the likes of; inclusionary housing updates, Central City ground-floor window requirements, and design review procedures.

For more on this news, follow the link here- DJC Oregon

This change will certainly improve the permit and land use review process. It will help the staff involved in these procedures as well as service seekers. The community can anticipate a more efficient and accelerated approach to housing development during the duration of these regulatory changes.

This change will certainly improve the permit and land use review process. It will help the staff involved in these procedures as well as service seekers. The community can anticipate a more efficient and accelerated approach to housing development during the duration of these regulatory changes.
I completely agree. It's going to help a lot with streamlining everything. More cities and states need to take note of this and follow in Portland's tracks. They're doing something good here and I hope to see it realized all the way.

This is a step in the right direction and one I feel many are going to be happy to see the case.

This will for sure help with streamlining everything and I do hope that more places do take note of this and realize that it is what many want to see.

Back