What online permitting systems do you use?

Elissa B

Apr 8, 2024
What online permitting systems do you use?
shutterstock-2461681027.webp

In Wisconsin we have the DSPS Online Building Permit System, but I haven't used the system myself to obtain any permits. Not every permit here can be obtained through this system though.

Here in Michigan, we have LARA for some permit needs and I think MDOT also has an online portal. That's all I know of off the top of my head though.

Right now we have Vision, but we are implementing Tyler and hoping to go live in Mid-October.

Right now we have Vision, but we are implementing Tyler and hoping to go live in Mid-October.
Once you have it up and going, will you let me know how it is? We used to have Vision and now we have Cloudpermit, but our finance side is going with Tyler.

Once you have it up and going, will you let me know how it is? We used to have Vision and now we have Cloudpermit, but our finance side is going with Tyler.

Yes! Will do! :) I used Dude Solutions (aka/fka SmartGov) at my previous job and I loved it, so I've always been a bit impartial to it. Tyler seems to have what we will need (and is loads better than Vision) so I am excited....but I'm also nervous to go 100% digital due to our demographic.

Yes! Will do! :) I used Dude Solutions (aka/fka SmartGov) at my previous job and I loved it, so I've always been a bit impartial to it. Tyler seems to have what we will need (and is loads better than Vision) so I am excited....but I'm also nervous to go 100% digital due to our demographic.
We are now 100% digital, but we have a computer at our counter so that people that don't use computers can come in and we help them fill it out online. As long as they have their documents, I can scan and upload them. I was worried when we switched, but I am surprised at how many people have adapted. We are a small jurisdiction, though.

That's what I'm hoping we get too. We are small as well, our population is less than 9k. :)

Top posters this month

Back