Austin City Council approves resolution aimed at improving building permit process

Jake

Oct 30, 2023
If you work for a business that has less than 100 employees or fewer and happen to live in Austin Texas, things might get better for your place of work very soon. The Austin City Council recently approved a resolution with the intent to improve the overall permitting process, more specifically for small businesses with 100 employees or less.

They want to streamline and expedite the permitting process, in turn, making it more accessible for smaller companies. To start the progress, they have implemented a pilot program. This will help them test new procedures to hopefully speed up the permit approval process. They want to reduce wait times and increase efficiency. If all works well, they would like to expand it citywide.

The new resolution provides additional support and resources, especially for small businesses trying to navigate the permitting process. Look for more personalized assistance, much clearer guidelines, and possibly a new online portal to help simplify the application process, along with tracking its progress.

You can read more on this news here: KVUE

A lot of people, despite having a deep interest in creating and running business, avoid getting into business because of tedious permitting process. They have to get permits from various departments, which is not only tedious but also costs a lot of money. If they have approved the resolution for better permitting process for small business, it would certainly encourage individuals to start their own business.

A lot of people, despite having a deep interest in creating and running business, avoid getting into business because of tedious permitting process. They have to get permits from various departments, which is not only tedious but also costs a lot of money. If they have approved the resolution for better permitting process for small business, it would certainly encourage individuals to start their own business.
I completely agree. It's a step in the right direction that they are working on ways to speed the process up. Especially when it comes to businesses, as that's going to be a bit tougher I imagine. If they can figure out ways of streamlining the process and making it less tedious, I think that's a step in the right direction.

Permits should never be complicated. Permits should be easy to follow. If you complicate permits and make it difficult for service seekers, they will avoid getting permits. Complicated permitting process not only deters people from getting into the business but can even encourage them to start a business without getting permits. When businesses are operated without permits, there are concerns for safety and quality.

Permits should never be complicated. Permits should be easy to follow. If you complicate permits and make it difficult for service seekers, they will avoid getting permits. Complicated permitting process not only deters people from getting into the business but can even encourage them to start a business without getting permits. When businesses are operated without permits, there are concerns for safety and quality.
Exactly! The whole permitting process should be an easy one. I've known people who have decided not to obtain a permit because the permitting office took way too long to respond or outright never did. Which is why it's imperative that changes are made to make the permitting process better and more streamlined.

This is a good way to help businesses expand to other areas. If you have 100 or less in one are and are looking to expand you can, as long as the next business doesn't hit 100+. That's what I'm getting from this news anyway. It'll make the permitting process for businesses with 100 or less easier to obtain new places or work or outright build new ones.

Top posters this month

Back